DME CAD Resources
The CAD Data You Need
You have two options for accessing CAD data.
Scroll down and check them out.
DME offers our customers an integrated DME mold component CAD library for the following systems:
Global Parts Library
DME PARTcommunity Global Parts Library gives you access to the DME CAD library online. A PARTcommunity login ID is required, which you can acquire online. You can configure products easily, and get models faster with direct download to your computer instead of waiting for an e-mail.
Download CAD files in various application formats from our vast CAD libraries.
Just click the red button above.
DME CAD also available via eSTORE.
Need help downloading data? Send an email to [email protected]
Direct CAD Download
(No Login Required)
Access commonly requested DME CAD files by clicking the links below.
For DME Mold Bases, click the links below to go to the DME Configurator for that series of mold base. There you can configure your mold base and download the CAD.
Commonly Requested Mold Base CAD
(Click link below to access configurator):
Commonly Requested Part CAD
(Click link below to download CAD zip file):
DME CAD Guidelines
At DME we have an assortment of Electronic CAD Communication media which enabloes customers having all levels of computer expertise to send CAD data.
- The prefered CAD formats include: Parasolid, STEP, DXF and DWG.
- The software DME uses for 3D data is Solidworks.
CAD File Transmission Options
Upload CAD files to our ftp site: https://fileport.milacron.com/form/dme-vendor-upload
If you have more than one file for the same job please zip or compress into one file and copy your files to the incoming folder. Please note: this is a secure folder which does not allow the files to be listed, you will only be able to see your file after the copy process is done and you have refreshed your screen. You cannot create or copy folders to this site, only files. After placing your file on our ftp site, please send an emial to [email protected] with the file name and any special instructions you may require.
General CAD File Guidelines
– Always include your DME account number, company name, contact name and phone number with your CAD data.
– Always include instructions as to what to do with your CAD data. For example, is manifold work and/or mold base work to be quoted and/or ordered?
– Please supply fully dimensioned 2D drawings, a 3D model and a complete bill of materials including steel type of plates
– Preferable CAD formats are dwg for 2D drawings, and stp (step), x_t (parasolid) for 3D drawings.
– Clearly identify tolerances you require. In the absence of tolerances, DME will assume our standard tolerances are acceptable
– If your CAD file is complex, provide individual plate details
– If you use layers or levels in your design, please supply a legend that describes information on each layer
– Do not supply cavity or core data unless required by Hot Runner Design, or place it on a layer which is easily removable
– We will be machining from your data, therefore you are responsible for the accuracy of your geometry and all files provided 3D,2D, etc. are consistent with one another
We look forward to supporting you.
Hot Runner Service & Repair
Controller Repair & Calibration
Mold Flow Services
Barrel Repair & Resleeving
Terms of Sale