At DME we have an assortment of Electronic CAD Communication media which enables customers having all levels of computer expertise to send CAD data.
- The preferred CAD formats include: Parasolid, STEP, DXF and DWG.
- The software DME uses for 3D data is Solidworks.
CAD File Transmission Options
Upload CAD files to our ftp site: https://fileport.milacron.com/form/dme-vendor-upload
If you have more than one file for the same job please zip or compress into one file and copy your files to the incoming folder. Please note: this is a secure folder which does not allow the files to be listed, you will only be able to see your file after the copy process is done and you have refreshed your screen. You cannot create or copy folders to this site, only files. After placing your file on our ftp site, please send an emial to [email protected] with the file name and any special instructions you may require.
General CAD File Guidelines
- Always include your DME account number, company name, contact name and phone number with your CAD data.
- Include instructions as to what to do with your CAD data. For example, is manifold work and/or mold base work to be quoted and/or ordered?
- Please supply fully dimensioned 2D drawings, a 3D model and a complete bill of materials including steel type of plates
- Preferable CAD formats are dwg for 2D drawings, and stp (step), x_t (parasolid) for 3D drawings.
- Clearly identify tolerances you require. In the absence of tolerances, DME will assume our standard tolerances are acceptable
- If your CAD file is complex, provide individual plate details
- If you use layers or levels in your design, please supply a legend that describes information on each layer
- Do not supply cavity or core data unless required by Hot Runner Design, or place it on a layer which is easily removable
- We will be machining from your data, therefore you are responsible for the accuracy of your geometry and all files provided 3D,2D, etc. are consistent with one another
We look forward to supporting you.
Supported CAD SYSTEMS
DME offers our customers an integrated DME mold component CAD library for the following systems: