Does DME sell purging compound?
Purging compound can be purchased through DME Industrial Supplies. In the U.S please call toll free 800-626-6653 or in Canada 800-387-6600 and we would be happy to help you.
There are items in the DME catalog that do not have part numbers called out in the catalog, when ordering on-line what are some of the basic rules?
Here are some tips for “building” a part number:
As a general rule do not insert dashes, slashes or spaces when entering:
- Inch component numbers
- SPRUE BUSHINGS
- B-6604 with a 7/32 O and 3/4 R – B0473
- UV-6602 with a 9/32 O and 1/2 R – UV0291
- DOWEL PINS, TUBULAR DOWELS, STRIPPER BOLTS, SOCKET HEAD CAP SCREWS
These are entered dimensionally by diameter and length then with product initials.
- 1/2” diameter by 2-1/2” long Dowel Pin– 12212DP
- 5/8” diameter by 1-7/8” long Tubular Dowel – 58178TD
- 1/4” diameter by 2-3/4” long Socket Head Cap Screw – 14234CS
- 1” diameter by 2” long Socket Head Cap Screw – 12CS
- 1/2” diameter by 10” long Socket Head Cap Screw – 121000CS
- 3/8” diameter by 3-1/2” Stripper Bolt (Shoulder Bolt) – 38312SB
- EX3 M10 ejector pin with 1/2 SHoulder OverSized – EX3M1012SHOS
What design guidelines should be considered for the ‘AEP’ and ‘AEB’ versions of DME Accelerated Ejectors?
- Use the Accelerated Ejector item # AEB-10 for up to 10-7/8 wide X 23-1/2 long mold bases.
- Use the Accelerated Ejector item # AEB-20 for up to 23-3/4 wide X 35-1/2 long mold bases.
- Use guided ejection in ejector assembly.
- Maximum stroke for any unit is 5/8. This provides a 2:1 ratio.
- Use early ejector return to return ejector assembly.
- Accelerated ejectors should not be used to overcome springs. Springs may cause the plate to deflect and bind.
- When using the AEB device, a minimum of four units is required.
- Lubricate pinion occasionally with a lithium-type grease or oil containing P.T.F.E.
- AEB and AEP units: Body and Racks are carburized to R/C 45-50.