For Special Machining Services Quotes or Orders
At DME we have an assortment of Electronic CAD Communication media which enables customers having all levels of computer expertise to send CAD data. Preferred CAD formats include Parasolid, STEP, DXF, and DWG. The software DME uses for 3D data is SolidWorks. Please contact our DME Technician at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
CAD File Transmission Options
- Send CAD files, which are under 10MB zipped, as a file attachment to: email@example.com
Upload CAD files to our ftp site: ftp.dme.net/DME/incoming
- If you have more than one file for the same job please ZIP or compress into one file. Copy your files to the incoming folder. Please note: this is a secure folder which does not allow the files to be listed, so you will only be able to see your file after the copy process is done until you refresh the screen, and you will not be able to create or copy a folder to this site, only files. After placing your file on our FTP site, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the file name and any special instructions you may require.
CAD File General Guidelines
- Always include your DME account number, company name, contact name, and phone number with your CAD data.
- Always include instructions as to what we are to do with your CAD data. For example, is manifold work and/or mold base work to be quoted and/or ordered?
- Please supply fully dimensioned 2D drawings, a 3D model and complete bill of materials including steel type of plates.
- Preferable CAD formats are dwg, dxf for 2D drawings and stp (step), x_t (parasolid) for 3D drawings.
- Clearly identify tolerances you require. In the absence of tolerances, DME will assume our standard tolerances are acceptable.
- If your CAD file is complex, provide individual plate details.
- If you use layer or levels in your design, please supply a legend that describes information on each layer.
- Do not supply cavity or core data unless required by Hot Runner Design, or place it on a layer which is easily removed.
- We will be machining from your data, therefore you are responsible for the accuracy of your geometry and that all files provided 3D, 2D, etc. are consistent with one another.
We look forward to supporting you in using this service.