Benefits of Standard Mold Base
Assemblies and Components
Mold Bases and Plates
Mold Bases and Plates
Benefits of Standard Mold Base Assemblies and Components
Seven major benefits of DME Standard Mold Base Assemblies and Components
1. Made of high quality, pre-finished mold and die steels that give you more for your money;
more metallurgical consistency; more cleanliness in cavity steels; more reliability.
2. Assemblies, plates and components are pre-engineered to give you the economic and technical
benefits of interchangeability.
3. Manufactured with the most advanced, precision equipment – and quality control
tested to give you reliable performance.
4. Gives designers more freedom and flexibility – more time to devote to the truly creative
aspects of mold, die, and product design.
5. Gives mold and die makers more time to concentrate on cavities and cores – thus increasing
productivity as much as 40%.
6. Gives molders more quality parts per hour, more profitability – with production proven
construction that outlasts the longest runs.
7. Readily available as you need them. The more popular assemblies are always in stock
for same-day service. Our nationwide network of Service Centers means you have the products
and the people near you to help you save time, money and inventory costs.
Injection molding is recognized as the single most
important form of plastics processing. Beginning with just
a handful of standardized mold bases and components in
1942, DME now offers thousands of standardized mold
base assemblies and a broad variety of mold components
to satisfy the consistent need for high-quality injection
molds. Primarily used for thermoplastics injection molding,
most of our assemblies and components are readily
adaptable for the injection molding of thermosets. Future
product developments from DME will include standardized
components specifically designed for the injection molding
of thermoset materials.
These three features have helped make DME
Standard Mold Bases the most frequently
specified mold base assemblies in the world:
CLAMP SLOTS that save platen space and
provide maximum cavity area
TUBULAR DOWELS that provide more
room for waterlines
ONE-PIECE EJECTOR HOUSING that gives
added strength and simplifies construction
DME Standard “A” Series Mold Base with Cavity Inserts